More Wordless Wednesday Posts:
Category Archives: Snapshots of Life
Check out the details for the October Photo a Day Challenge hosted by FatMumSlim…
Let me just say this…I really miss blogging. I miss everything about it…I miss the entire creative process. I will not offer a single excuse…Life is filled with choices. Every day we are presented with opportunities and with each opportunity comes a choice. There is a process that takes place; you must evaluate the Who, Where, When, What, How and Why of the new opportunity. Then there is the process of shuffling, prioritizing, scheduling and implementation. Through the process some things fall through the cracks, are placed on the back burner or are completely ignored.
Chantelle over at FatMumSlim has put together a great photo challenge for the month of October…I love a challenge and this is a great one that I can focus on my love of the fall season through photos.
1. Where you stood: Take a photo of where you’re standing.
2. Lunchtime: Take a photo of your lunch, or around you at lunchtime.
3. This happened today: What’s something that happened today? Shoot it and share it.
4. What you read: Did you read a sign? Are you reading a book? A blog? Shoot and share.
5. Shadow: Take a photo of your shadow or any shadow.
6. I’m thankful for…: What are you thankful for today? It can be simple or BIG. Share it.
7. Light: You can shoot sunflare, a street light, light from the sun… any kind of light.
8. Angle: Look at angles in buildings, structures, books, anything. Find an angle and take a photo.
9. Red: Take a photo of something red.
10. Emotion: Happy. Sad. Angry. Overjoyed and so on and so forth. Be creative.
11. Something close-up: These photos might be a little mysterious. Take a photo of something really close-up.
12. On the table: Last month we did table, but this month let’s do ON the table. What’s on your table?
13. Landscape: Take a photo of the skyline, a landscape you see.
14. Makes you laugh: What’s something funny that makes you laugh. Share it.
15. Dinnertime: Just like lunchtime, only later. Take a picture of what dinnertime is like on this day for you.
16. Something you wrote: Take a photo of something you wrote or drew.
17. Fruit: Take a photo of a piece of fruit, or a few.
18. Made you smile today: What made you smile today? Find it. Shoot it. Share it.
19. Letters: Take a photo of letters. They might make up a poster, or something bigger. Or even be mail?
20. 4 o’clock: Take a photo a 4am or 4pm – whatever you’re doing at that time.
21. Calm: Take a photo of something that makes you feel calm, or represents calm.
22. In your town: Take a photo of something from where you live. It might be a building, people, park or something else.
23. The view from here: Take a photo of your view from where you are. It might be your office, your home, traveling. The everyday can sometimes be very interesting.
24. Weather: Take a photo of the weather today. Let’s travel around the world with everyone’s weather photos.
25. People: It might be people you know or people you don’t. Take a photo of people.
26. Listening to: What are you listening to? Music? Children laughing? Share it.
27. Morning: Take a photo of your morning.
28. Looking back: Take a photo of something from your past, or from just behind you. Look back and take a photo.
29. Moon: The moon is just about full tonight. Take a photo.
30. Clothes: Take a photo of clothes. Perhaps what you’re wearing, or in your wardrobe, on a mannequin or otherwise.
31. Whatever you please: Are you celebrating Halloween tonight? Perhaps take a photo of that. Today is free choice – take a photo of ANYTHING you like.
This past week was spent getting ready for a special weekend at church. Not that they aren’t all special in some way or another, because they are. But this weekend we were going to take communion as a church. We take communion corporately once each quarter, which is a time of reflection in itself. However, we were trying out a new setup in the auditorium and I was overseeing the project.
There were many hands and feet that worked together to make the communion experience special and memorable. Pastor Tim brought the message, the Worship songs were perfect for the moment, the volunteers served selflessly and the staff filled in the gaps. We were many parts but we were one body!
And at the end of the day on Saturday God painted a glorious sunset that said… “Well done my good and faithful servant” …lets do it again tomorrow and we did!
My husband and I celebrated our 23 wedding anniversary this year. We are a happily married couple…we enjoy spending time with one another and away from one another.
We are committed to our relationship, our family and one another. Through the years there have been cloudy days and thorn bushes but we have stayed the course and now we are enjoying sunshine and roses.
Great relationships don’t just happen…they require time and attention much like a well-attended garden. An unattended garden develops weeds that can ultimately kill even the heartiest plants.
Treat your marriage like the prized garden that it is…pull the weeds as they pop up, check for creepy crawlers that can cause irritations, fertilize the roots and water regularly. The quality time you spend tending your garden will result in a beautiful display of love and commitment.
The human foot and ankle is a strong and complex mechanical structure containing more than 26 bones, 33 joints (20 of which are actively articulated), and more than a hundred muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
These feet bear my weight and allow me movement. These feet served God by uniting with others so we could make a difference in one persons life. These feet allowed me to serve and that’s all that matters!
Thought for the Day: Be the hands and feet of Christ. Serve!
Scripture Verse: 1Peter 4:10 “God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.”
Quote of the Day: “The purpose of life is not to be happy – but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all.” ~Leo Rosten
At first glance todays photo prompt sounded like a piece of cake…As I scanned the floor for something to feature on todays #photoadayjuly feature I surprised to find that my floors lacked inspiration…there were a pair of my son’s shoes, my husbands camera bag, our dogs and lots of dust. There were other less interesting things on the floor…there were rugs, towels, blankets, magazines, dog beds and dog bowls and my feet. After looking around the house for something to share and snapping and deleting several pictures, I decided on this one…
The #photoadayjuly prompt for July 3rd was “the best part of your day”. I could have chosen any number of things for this prompt; my morning cup of coffee, pulling into our tree lined driveway, being met at the door by two very excited puppies or watching my husband cook dinner. However, the favorite part of my day was when I checked my calendar and discovered…
Fat Mum Slim is hosting a photo a day challenge for July…get on the train…but…Never…never…ever…go to the DMV office @ 1pm on a Friday…trust me!!! It’s day 2 of the challenge…and it’s Busy!
Here is the list of the daily prompts…jump in and join the fun! Be sure to tag your photos with #photoadayjuly so we can drop in and see whats happening in your life.