I love reading a good book!!! I love the anticipation of a new book and what I might find as I turn each page. I enjoy getting to know the characters and the lay of the land. My favorite books are the ones where the Author introduces me to new friends and places. I love the feel of the next page laying against my finger. It is much like anticipating the next bite of a wonderfully and carefully prepared desset. When the book is a real page turner…turning the last page is bitter sweet…and leaves me reaching for the next book in the stack!
While catching up on everyone’s posts this past week I was inspired by Gail at Moonlight Reflections to do one of those things that I do when the New Year rolls around…compile my reading list for the coming year. Her 2012 reading list includes one book that was recently recommended by a good friend and one that I am currently reading. Gail’s list is a good mixture of fiction and non-fiction.
I would like my list to include the following;
- A book of short stories
- One of the Classics
- One non-fiction, possibly a memoir
- Something I would be embarrassed to admit I am reading
- A New York Times bestseller hot fiction book by an author I have never heard of
- A children’s chapter book
I would love to have your recommendations. Maybe you can share a couple of your favorite books that fit into this list. Or just your most recent favorite read or your all time favorite woud be a nice addition as well.
On the off-chance that you have not seen the web sensation video of the dancing books I am sharing it again. Did I mention I love a good book? I hope you will inspire me…to compile my 2012 reading list with a few of your recommendations.
- New York Times Bestselling Author Karen Kingsbury Debuts at #1 on the ECPA Bestseller List (prweb.com)
- The Book Stack (twowritingteachers.wordpress.com)
- The Jen Lancaster Interview (zulkey.com)