1 girl + 2 cups of coffee + city-wide yard sale = shabby chic junktiques!
On this particular excursion I did not score a truck load of treasures…but it is not always about the quantity. Today I was looking for a bit of texture and filler for the booth.
Today I picked up three vintage door knockers, a paper towel holder, a wire basket, a vintage pestle, a hanging votive holder, a metal stool and a couple of metal buckets.
The items I picked have great potential for repurposing. The door knockers would make beautiful pulls for an oversized antique cabinet. The paper towel holder would make a sweet jewelry holder. The metal buckets will look great filled with spring flowers or assorted soda bottles. The wire basket would look great filled with jars of homemade preserves.
Do you enjoy finding new uses for old things?
- Shabby Chic Furniture Finishing (lorraineyourrealtor.wordpress.com)
- A passion for vintage Americana or the confessions of junkaholic… (nolagirlatheart.wordpress.com)
- My HealthySELF: Shabby Chic’s Amy Hoban on How to Give Your Home a Spring Makeover (self.com)
- Vintage Chic Candles (lechicelefant.com)
- spring shabby chicness (magpiestop.wordpress.com)