In this world of a gift for a gift gift…A gift is truly a gift only when you receive it for no particular reason and when you least expect it. When you have no real way to give a gift in return except to say thank you and mean it. That is exactly what happened this week. My blog buddy Emily over at My Pajama Days awarded me the Liebster Award. Just when I thought I had fallen off the blog radar because I have been so busy this year with my 9-5 and my postings have been inconsistent. Emily thought enough of me to give me a shout out.
I have to share a little back history on my friend Emily…My Pajama Days was the very first blog I followed when I jumped into the blogosphere 3 years ago. I felt an immediate connection to the flannel pajama clad writer who has a love of salt and vinegar chips and chocolate. Emily has bared her soul with the blog world and has touched my heart. I wish I were as brave as my girl Emily and could lay it all out there but alas I have my own hesitations and reservations. Although I think I may be closer in age to Emily’s mom, I think if were neighbors we would be great friends.
I don’t know exactly how Emily knew I needed a little blog hug, but I believe that God knew and he whispered my name and Emily heard it and acted on it.
As a Liebster award receiver, I must do the following:
- Thank the blogger who nominated/awarded me.
- Answer 11 questions asked by the person who awarded me.
- Nominate/award 11 other blogs with links.
- Pose 11 of my own questions to my nominees.
- Put the Liebster Award logo on my blog.
Here are the questions that Emily posed to the bloggers she awarded the Liebster Award…
- How do you balance your creativity with your life? My 9-5 allows me the ability to be incredibly creative but somehow it doesn’t translate over to my blog…So lately my blog has suffered while I have been pouring all I have into the store and my volunteers…it is painfully obvious that I am not living a balanced life.
- Why did you start blogging? I started blogging for several reasons; the first is because a friend suggested that I write a book…I thought before I could ever write a book I had better write something. The second reason is because I was “down” in the back…really down for almost two weeks of sitting in the recliner, drifting in and out from the pain meds and watching old movies. At some point I decided all of that was for the birds and began to research this new phenom of blogging. And finally, I decided to really go for it when we sold our home of 12 years and decided to move to the country. It was a very emotional time for me, I needed to get my feelings out of my head.
- Do you own more books in print or electronically? I am book buyer for a small bookstore, I love real books!
- What kind of music do you listen to when you write? It has never occurred to me to listen to music when I write…maybe I will give this a try in 2013.
- Which of your 5 senses would be the most devastating to lose? I think losing my eyesight would be most devastating. I would miss seeing my family, their beautiful smiles and silly expressions. I would miss my ability to come and go as I please. I would miss being creative; writing, decorating my house, junk shopping and looking into the eyes of my husband and knowing I am loved unconditionally.
- What is the worst advice you have ever received? My Mom’s girlfriend told my 15yr old self to marry for money not love…I still wonder which side of the coin she was speaking from…
- What is the best advice you have ever received? Put others before yourself and you will end up being the one who is blessed…this has turned out to be true time and time again.
- What food comes to mind when you think of “comfort food”? I love pasta…so I would have to say that my go to comfort food is mac and cheese. Even though I haven’t had this in forever…velveeta shells and cheese! And now there is a gourmet mac and cheese restaurant in Houston…yes gourmet mac and cheese. It is on my foodie bucket list!
- Do you crave salt or sweet? YES!
- What one thing are you most proud of from this past year? The hubs and I made a decision to change our eating habits…I lost 20#!
- What one thing to you most hope to achieve in the next year? I hope 2013 will be my year of living a well-balanced life.
Drum Roll Please…..And the Liebster Award goes to….
Humbled Pie…a little southern living and traveling for your viewing enjoyment. This blog takes me home…
Jason M Brooks…writes with purpose
Mike Patz…Apprentice of Jesus. Son of God. Husband of one. Father of at least seven.
The Hip Hostess…Menus, tips and ideas for hosting with style!
Blogging for a Good Book…A suggestion a day from the Williamsburg Regional Library
The Faux Martha…Mel makes me want to eat my computer when I am reading her blog.
Just a Smidgen…One of the most beautiful blogs I have seen…A Canadian with a verve for life!
Channeling Contessa…and she does it so well!
Emjayandthem’s Blog…One woman’s observations on her way through life.
JannaTWrites...A very creative writer who will one day have a book on the New York Times best seller list!
Piglet in Portugal…Piglet makes me want to visit Portugal with her humorous tales of everyday life in Portugal.
Should you choose to accept this award here are your Questions…
1. What happened today that made you smile?
2. What is your favorite all time movie?
3. Do you have a favorite dessert?
4. If you could retire anywhere in the world where would it be?
5. Are you a winter or summer person?
6. What’s the last book you read?
7. What’s your favorite book?
8. Do you say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?
9. What’s the longest vacation you have ever taken and where?
10. Are you still friends with any of your childhood friends?
11. What’s the weather like where you live today?