What did you do on this drizzly Saturday afternoon? I finished all of the laundry, cleaned out the kitchen junk drawer and I made a list of organizational projects I want to tackle in January…
Well they really aren’t organizational projects as much as it’s reducing the clutter that has taken over every closet in our house.
It is so easy for clutter to creep into our daily lives. We get busy and we put things in places that are convenient but are not necessarily the right place.
It’s like the kitchen pantry…I have a small pantry by design, each shelf is dedicated to like items. There is one shelf for can goods and savory items, one shelf for items used for baking, one shelf for spices, one for breads and chips and one for pasta, cereal and crackers. However, it seems as though the center shelf is the catch all for every item that gets returned to the pantry. It takes a whole afternoon to reorganize the shelves, checking all of the expiration dates and putting everything back where it belongs.
Of course everyone is thinking the same thing…strike while the iron is hot…the Holidays are behind us, the weather outside is less than inviting so what else is there to do with our time, besides watching college football and putting off taking down the Christmas decorations.Time to think about reducing the clutter around the house.
After reading a few Facebook and Blog posts about organization projects I was sucked in and decided to join the declutter craze...
Last week I purged my closet and dresser. I reorganized my vanity in the bathroom where I keep my jewelry and I straightened up my desk. Earlier today I attacked the junk drawer in the kitchen and my husband organized the drawer where we keep the bills and important papers.
Next up on the list…
1. Purge Linen Closet; I will only keep two sets of sheets for each bed.
2. Purge extra closet of craft items I haven’t used in more than a year.
3. Purge kitchen of plastic storage containers that do not have a lid or vice versa, lid no container…out of here!
4. Purge kitchen of duplicates; potato mashers, wooden spoons, cheese graters, whisks, measuring cups etc…
5. Donate extra blankets to a shelter.
6. Donate old towels to the animal shelter.
7. Take old books to used book store
8. Toss out old make up and hair products.
9. Reorganize the sideboard
10. Make-over the media room
Posting them here for accountability…I hope to post before and after pics as I go.